Join our team of change makers as our Graphic Designer & Marketing Coordinator
At Fairware, we believe we can change the world through the simple act of buying. We provide custom branded products to North America’s leading sustainable brands. We do the homework for our clients on ethical sourcing and sustainable materials, so they rest assured that their marketing merchandise lines up with their values. Fairware is a certified B Corporation, and Certified Living Wage Employer.
Fairware is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce. We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. People of color, people with disabilities, veterans, women, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at the email provided.
If you are looking to join a successful growing company with a great culture, you’ve found us. Check us out at www.fairware.com
What you’ll get working with us:
• a full-time, salaried position with benefits after 3 months.
• team-oriented environment
• professional development
• work from Vancouver BC
Graphic Designer & Marketing Coordinator
Fairware is hiring a graphic designer/marketing coordinator who will in collaboration, create high-quality work. You will work closely with our co-founder, our clients, and our account managers to create merch presentations and custom design work to showcase our brand and our capabilities. You will help us drive our sustainability agenda in all that we do and help our clients rethink the impact merch can have on the world.
You will be working on a team, and as our graphics design lead you will:
• Work closely with clients and Account Managers to create client facing mock-ups, virtual decks and look books for merchandise collections, client webstores, and social media content.
• Create custom design work for our client’s merchandise collections.
• Create Fairware brand focused look-books, e-books and resources on sustainable merchandise that will propel our brand forward.
• Practice and maintain efficient file management for all graphic assets.
• Contribute to projects as required, including custom packaging, RFP design and website design.
• Work with our graphics service partner as needed for graphics support.
• Work with our supplier partners as needed to leverage their visual assets and mock-up tools.
Social Media & Email Marketing
As our digital marketing point person, you will:
• Manage our social media, contributing ideas and images to build social media presence on our platforms.
• Showcase the clients we work with and the products we produce.
• Take photos of our projects to share on social (digital SLR provided)
• Amplify our sustainability agenda and points of differentiation.
• Work closely with our SEO and Analytics guru to track and improve email and social media marketing efforts.
• Create and assist with the design of visual communication for use across all platforms and departments
• Design and assist with scheduling, distribution, and list segmenting of email newsletters in Mailchimp
• Provide copywriting and blogging – creating content for our website and social media platforms.
• Maintain our samples and other marketing tools for sales reps •
Other duties as required Education/Experience/Skills
• 1+ years of experience working as a graphic designer and/or formal training in design and digital marketing.
• Experience or skills in illustration, photography, and digital marketing • Excels working in team-based environments and values collaboration
• Thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and other social media focused apps (e.g., Mailchimp, Later, Hootsuite)
• Highly organized and can develop, manage, and execute projects from start to finish.
How to Apply:
Please send us a one page letter outlining your relevant experience and why you want to work for Fairware – attach it to a resume that captures your related experience and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words Graphic Designer & Marketing Coordinator in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you and would appreciate it if all questions are sent via email.
Salary range $45K – $50K with benefits after 3 months. Start Date: immediately