Join our team of change makers!
At Fairware, we believe we can change the world through the simple act of buying. We provide custom branded products to North America’s leading sustainable brands. We do the homework for our clients on ethical sourcing and sustainable materials, so they rest assured that their marketing merchandise lines up with their values. Fairware is a certified B Corporation a Certified Living Wage Employer
Fairware is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce. We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. People of color, people with disabilities, veterans, women, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply.
If you are looking to join a successful growing company with a great culture, you’ve found us. Check us out at www.fairware.com
What you’ll get working here:
You will be joining us at our open-plan office located near Olympic Village in Vancouver; which is close to transit and bike share stations.
- A full-time, salaried position with benefits after 3 months. This is a new position.
- Team-oriented environment
- Bike parking and showers
- Professional development $500/year learning budget
About the role:
The Shipping and Inventory Coordinator will ensure that all online inventory store orders are processed and delivered in a timely manner. They will work closely with the Stores Team to maintain targeted inventory levels and ensure packing supplies are in stock. The shipping coordinator will assist with inventory tracking as well as company wide shipping and tracking.
- Coordinate processing of all incoming inventory orders
- Pick and pack orders according to requirements
- Manage and schedule large or complex orders
- Arrange for local, national and international shipping
- Work with customs brokers and shippers
- Maintain accurate working knowledge of shipping, brokerage and duty
- Keep inventory products data up to date, including pricing, weight, dimensions, HS codes etc.
- Maintain adequate packing supplies, place re-orders when required
- Work with the stores team to carry out inventory counts as per schedule
- Submit sample orders from Sales Team as required
- Assist with shipping and tracking for promotional sales
What skills and experience you’ll bring:
- You are detail oriented, self-confident, and very, very organized.
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with deadlines.
- You have good communication skills both in person and on the phone.
- You are fluent in English language, French language skills an asset.
- You are interested in social responsibility and environmental sustainability.
- You are comfortable working in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- You have at least 2 years related experience in shipping or warehouse environment.
- You have knowledge of or experience with Shopify, Shipstation or other related platforms.
- You have the ability to solve practical problems or issues.
How to Apply:
Please send us a one page letter outlining your relevant experience and why you want to work at Fairware – attach it to a resume that captures your related experience and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words ‘Shipping and Inventory Coordinator’ in the subject line, by February 28, 2018. We look forward to hearing from you and would appreciate if all questions are sent via email.
Salary Range $34,000 – $39,000 plus benefits.
If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at the email provided.